The eyelash cycle is approximately four to twelve weeks. Do not be alarmed if some of your lashes fall out quickly (they most likely were at the end of their cycle). The majority of extensions will stay through a complete cycle if you follow these guidelines:
- Keep them dry, especially for the first couple hours. Avoid swimming or humid environments such as a sauna room within the first 48 hours of your new extensions.
- Do not rub your eyes or tug at the extensions. This can loosen your extensions, as well as weaken the bond.
- Try to stay away from oil-based products. These products will interfere with the bonding, break down the adhesive and cause the eyelash extensions to fall out.
- Remember to groom/brush your lashes. Good maintenance will help improve the look of your lashes.
- Try not to sleep on your sides or stomach. Pillow friction can cause uneven folds and gaps.
- Come in for refills. To maintain your fabulous eyelash extensions, book a refill session to touch-up the lashes that have fallen out.
Do not attempt to remove the eyelash extensions yourself. Have them removed by a professional.
Enjoy your new lashes!
Frequently asked questions
How long does it take to apply eyelash extensions?
Eyelash extensions are applied while you are lying down with your eyes closed on a comfortable bed. Depending on the style you choose, it can take anywhere from 1.5hours - 2.5hours for a full set. The process is very relaxing and most of our clients wakeup from their beauty sleep to beautiful lashes!
How long will a set of eyelash extensions last?
When applied properly, eyelash extensions will last the length of the natural growth cycle of your natural eyelashes. This will also depend on how you personally care for them, as well as your day-to-day activities. A new set of eyelash extensions can last between 4 to 8 weeks.
How often should I come in for touch-ups?
We recommend getting touch-ups between 3 to 4 weeks. Waiting too long can cause your extensions to fall out and require you to get a new set. A good sign of when you need a refill is when your extensions are 50%-60% gone.